Thursday, June 30, 2005

Positive/Negative


Positives about your baby girl having hair:
Lily didn’t have any hair until she was about a year old. No matter what we put her in we’d get comments on our beautiful baby boy. She could be in a pink tutu and without hair she was just a cross dressing boy in strangers eyes. Since Anya has some hair, we’ve only got a boy comment once. And that was while she was wearing a blue outfit that said “boy” all over it (literally… it was just in really small cursive so I hadn’t realized it until it was too late).

Negatives about your baby girl having hair:
I was changing Anya's diaper when she started screaming in pain and I'm trying to figure out if I poked her or if she has a rash or what, when I look up at her face and realize she has grabbed a clump of hair and is yanking on it with all her might. I had to pry her little fingers off (and she wasn't letting go easy... little masochist) and the whole time she is hollering and looking at me like, "WHY? WHY WOULD YOU HURT THE BABY?"

Positive:
I laughed at her. Long and hard.

Negative:
Bad mommy.

Positive:
Then I emailed Coffeegirl so she could laugh at my infant AND am blogging it so I can remember to make fun of her some more when she’s all grown up.

Negative:
Such a bad mommy!