Sunday, January 09, 2005


We have some new words to add to the mix. Lily now says "Moo." And we forgot to mention that she has a couple of other animals down pat. She now can have this conversation:
Mark: "Lily, what does the dog say?"
Lily: "ARF ARF" (only it sounds more like she's been punched in the tummy)
M: "What does the kitty say?"
L: "Meow" (very convincing... I've been fooled before on this one)
M: "What does the cow say?"
L: "MOOOOOOO!"
M: "What does the frog say?"
L: *blink* *blink* as she stares silently at you.
I'm trying to get him to try duck with her, but he's a big fan of frogs, so I think this will be his angle for a while.

She also says a handful (ha!) of words using sign language. She can ask for num-nums, say please, thank you, more/give it to me!, water/food, and is on the verge of getting airplane down. She's pretty good at letting you know what she wants these days and gets very frustrated when she cannot make us understand. New words and signs are coming to her pretty quickly now and I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it thrilling. She has the cutest voice and I can't wait to see what she thinks about things. OH! and she was saying "Go" according to my mom, as in "let's go outside" or "I want to watch the mixer go." Haven't heard this one myself, but am looking forward to it.

Nothing else too exciting or interesting to add today. Am working at the moment; well actually, I'm eating lunch while typing, but AT work. Things are slow, but as long as we can bring in enough money to pay those working for me, I'll be happy (as will be the Marketing Director who is my boss). Anyone doing anything interesting?

No comments: