Wednesday, January 19, 2005


I complain about my husband on a fairly regular basis. Not because I don’t adore him, mind you. Because of the shear volume of time we spend together, he’s bound to bug me every once in a while.

But I want to point out one of the reasons that I love that man. In the middle of the night, when he is sound asleep and I awake from some bizarre “Jurassic Park” take-off nightmare, I know that I can snuggle up to him, whisper “I had a bad dream” and he’ll pull me in tight, kiss my sweaty hair and whisper back, “I’m sorry.” I believe he does this without really waking and so I don’t feel badly about bothering him in the middle of the night. He never complains, just holds me and makes me feel safe.

That and he’ll get up in the middle of the night to tend to a crying child or get up early if she awakes before it’s even light outside.
And he always puts the toilet seat down.
He’s silly and can get me laughing like a teenage girly-girl.
He doesn’t take himself too seriously.
He works with his hands (carpenter) and there is nothing sexier than a dirty man who smells like sawdust. Seriously.
Our daughter thinks he’s the most amazing man who ever lived… and most of the time, I wouldn’t argue with her on that one.
And even when I am most annoyed by some obnoxious thing he does, I still have never woken up the next day and wished he wasn’t mine.

Told you this was a sappy post.

No comments: