Sunday, January 23, 2005


I got a call this morning at about 9:45am. The lead in our current production was vomiting and there was no way to know if he’d manage to stop before the 2pm curtain. I finished my cereal, gave my girly a kiss (cursing myself for sleeping in this morning… could have had more time with her), and headed out the door. At least I was already showered and dressed when the call came. It’s almost 7pm now and both shows have been cancelled. There is no understudy for this show, a cost that would have been justified with this kind of event, but often doesn’t pay off. There was rumor of getting the understudy from the bay area production down here, but he was actually in the bay area and proved to be unreachable.

My staff kicked serious ass. We rewarded them with lots of pizza.

I took a walk at 3:30 to clear my head and ran into my ex-boyfriend. He’s still juggling in the park, still doing the basic same show. He looks the same. It was nice though; the first time it wasn’t awkward and we’ve been apart for almost ten years. We caught up on the family and he noticed my ever expanding mid-region, congratulating me on the baby. It was surface, but nice.

I’m exhausted and missing my daughter. The day is almost over and she will likely be asleep by the time I get home. Or not… she’s been a little hellion about bedtime lately and fights us something fierce. At least she’s sleeping in a little in the mornings.

OK, things to finish up and other blogs to try to glance at before I go home and curl up with my man. What a day.

No comments: