Tuesday, May 11, 2004


My maternal grandmother collapsed today and had to be revived by paramedics. This has been happening a lot, although she's always come around a lot more quickly. My grandpa is really afraid that he's going to lose her. The thing is I don't think she's that worried about it. I haven't spent a lot of time with her, just heard the reports from my mom, but it seems that she's kinda sick of the whole in-and-out-of-the-hospital gig. I think she's more worried about looking undignified than anything else.

Anyway, my mom is heading up tonight to see her and I'm thinking Lily and I will make the trip on Thursday. Allyn's coming into town, but I think I can see her on Friday and the weekend... heck, even if I missed her entirely, she'd understand. I've been putting this off too long. I guess there's a part of me that is worried that a trip to see them will be a trip to say goodbye and I don't know how I feel about that. But, I'd love for them to see Lily now that she's got some personality. I've already accepted that it's statistically unlikely Lil will really know her great-grands, but I want them to know her. And hey, whatever impressions she picks up from them, a scent, a moment, a picture in her mind... it's all a blessing.

Damn, now I'm getting emotional.

No comments: