Saturday, May 22, 2004


In the kitchen the other day and Lily is tooling around, finding things to play with. I look over to see her removing a dangling rubber band from a cabinet knob. She toddles/crawls off with it, stepping on it while babbling, pulling on it... you know, all the fun things one can do with a rubber band before they learn to create guns with them. I continue working at the sink, moving around the kitchen as needed. Lily is back and forth between the kitchen and living room and finally gets interested in some other "toy." I figure I ought to go collect the rubber band before it gets lost to the ether when I turn and find it hanging exactly where she found it; the correct knob, even.

Now this is odd behavior for ANY eleven-month-old... but for one that lives in our house, it's downright eerie. Mark and I are not, at our best, good housekeepers. My Grandmother, when I relayed this story to her told me I was so lucky, figuring Lily will keep house for us. She'll have a LOT of work to do. ; )

No comments: