Monday, May 10, 2004


OK, so last night sucked (and this has nothing to do with our new vacuum cleaner). Lily had a really rough night. She went down in mere minutes (Daddy's getting good at this) and slept for a couple of hours, giving Mark and I a chance to enjoy each other’s company. And then, just as we were really getting to enjoy some adult time together, Lily woke up and started hollering. Mark did his best to get her back to sleep, but every time he'd put her down or simply stop touching her, she'd awake to screams.

Thus went the rest of our night.

She's nursing brutally, grabbing a hold and attacking my breast, even doing some biting. She's a grumpy, grumpy Gus. And so, my mother’s day ended with me grumbling at the person who makes me a mother.

And so we repeat the mommy mantra, the phrase that makes us continue down the path despite our fatigue or frustration:

THIS TOO SHALL PASS
THIS TOO SHALL PASS
THIS TOO SHALL PASS

AHO!

No comments: