Tuesday, May 18, 2004


Had Fran, Kristianne and Jonah over for dinner tonight; it was a blast. They're a great couple with a great kid with whom who we just really enjoy spending time. It's a pity we don't see them more often. I made a big ol' dinner, complete with appetizer and dessert and it was YUMMY! It was a bit of a stress to pull off in time (didn't actually serve dinner 'till, um, 8pm), but if I'm home more, we gotta have people over more often. Helps us keep the place clean(er) too!

On a less than fabulous note, our Tuesday day care provider is getting out of the business. She's a warm, kind, wonderful, caring, compassionate woman and she has to give up something she loves because of a health issue. I feel so sad for her and admittedly, for us. Lily loves her time there and I enjoy having someone I can trust keeping an eye on her. Not quite sure what we'll end up doing. Once I'm not working as much we won't "need" to have Lily in care, but we like the opportunity for independent (meaning, away from us), social interaction. She's become so much more outgoing since she started there and is a much happier kid. Besides, it's so hard to find someone as good as Judy... we're really going to miss her.

My goddess, I am tired. Off to bed with me, the dishes be damned.

No comments: