Monday, September 12, 2005

10 little questions


Solistella is up to no good again and here I go, falling for her ways. Shoot me a linky in comments if you catch the meme bug and feel like playing. Or just insult my lame memory in comments; I can handle you, PUNK.

Hey baby, what are you wearing?
Blue jeans, “Hey Boo Boo” tee, wool sweater, supergirl underwear, nursing bra (damn sexy, yo), faded black socks, wedding ring and a cute little clippie in my funky short hair. It’s turning cooler now in my little corner of the universe and I have the supreme joy of putting my girls in footie jammies. Weeeee!

What are you currently reading?
Just started: Just finished:
I’m planning to update this on my sidebar on a regular basis, so check it out in the future (if you are so inclined).

Name five songs to which you know all the words.
My memory sucks ass. Not only do I not know the words to many songs but I right now cannot remember what songs may even be in the running. I can get through most of the cheesy kids songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider and ... the other one. See? See how sucky that part of my brain is? Go away.

If you could change anything about your job, what would it be?
I’m currently a mom. Best job EVER.

What's the funniest thing you've overheard lately?
Meh… you’re asking for my memory again. BITCH! OK, well this isn’t that current but at my Grandmother’s funeral last month one of her friends was talking about how Grandma was stubborn and particular when she blurted out, “If you were going do it with Margaret, you were going to do it her way and so she liked it!” In the midst of all that grief I couldn’t help but find this wildly funny and it took everything I could to not revert to a snickering teenager and guffaw aloud.

Are you religious?
I was raised Lutheran with a hefty dose of Catholic coming at me from my extended family. Can you imagine their disappointment that I lean towards Pagan? However, I’m not really into ritual. OK, scratch that, I'm into my own rituals, holding with the belief that those things you create in your life have more power than any preset ritual you could read out of a book. In general I think faith should be an ever flowing, changing, exploration of the world around you, the earth, the higher powers you believe in, etc. I find organized religion to not really allow that flow. I don't want to be told what to believe and how, I just want to figure it out at my own pace.

I am totally open to the idea that everyone's religious leaning is their own choice and HATE when people proselytize and insist only their choice is the only correct one.

What makes you blush?
Admitting to my husband that the sex dream I just had did not have him in it.

Have you ever met anyone famous?
I’ve bought lunch for Tom Stoppard , drove Marian Ross around town, bantered with John Lithgow while he made silly faces at Lily, been insulted by Roger Reese, sat in on rehearsals for The Full Monty and met most of the cast, bumped into Austin Pendleton, Keb' Mo', Daniel J. Travanti, Norbert Leo Butz, Joanna Gleason… it’s a list isn’t it! If you don’t recognize most of those names just accept they’re mostly theatre people. That was one of the fun parts about working for a major regional theatre.

What gives your life meaning?
Like so many of you reading this blog, being a mama is the most amazing thing I could ever hope to be. I also really get off on helping people learn the parenting ropes (i.e. breastfeeding, educating about informed vaccine choices, introducing people to cloth diapers and getting Christa new clients for her kick ass slings.)

Google your first name. How many results come up?
About 28,500,000 hits for Elaine, 18,600,000 for my alter ego Ginger. I’m one popular gal.

No comments: