Thursday, February 17, 2005


My fabulous laptop is in the shop and I am so very sad. I have a tablet PC which allows me to draw directly on my computer… something that makes me giggle with glee and bounce up and down like a high school [pregnant] cheerleader. It came in very handy when I was creating logos and designing marketing materials for my theatre projects. A couple of months ago, half of the screen refused to cooperate with the stylus. Bastard! Can’t even enjoy solitaire since then, and that is simply tragic. Mark and I finally got all my files of import onto disk or transferred onto his computer. My freaking laptop was fighting this process and I had to trash half a dozen CD’s before we linked up our computers and did the transfer that way. Yesterday, Mark brought it to the fancy repair place and they gave him an estimate of five to six days. I’m hoping to have it back in two to three years. For now I must covertly post at work or finagle Mark’s computer out from under hi, preferably when he’s not looking.

Wow that was boring. I think I beat KB in boring on that one.

I’m making banana bread! Does that liven things up at all? Thought not.

Here, does this make amends?

4 comments:

Daph said...

You both need to hush! You're both (as space ghost would say) very VERY interesting!

I'm sorry about your laptop. That bites. I didn't even know they had computer repair shops, how lame am I? I thought repairing a computer involved having relatives with computer skillz and praying a whole lot, and maybe even some kind of blood sacrifice.

I hope they fix it SOON and that they do a GOOD JOB. 'Cuz you're not too far away for me to go down there and put some "heat" on that repair shop, ifyouknowwhatImean.

Elaine said...

Usually my "repair shop" is my husband, but we bought the warrenty when we got the computer, so we figured we should use it. Besides, it's an actual part that went kaput... thus, it goes off for repairs.

And yes KB, there may be something to say for brevity when boring, but I still read every INCH you write!

Mmmm... good banana bread.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bananas give my little guys the farts, and since farts are the most HYSTERICAL thing in the world to two little guys, you and your banana bread would be most not-boring to them.

Does that make you feel better?

=)