Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My little lunatic

Sorry to leave a depressing note and then go la la la-ing off into the night for a few days. I was determined not to write another annoying/bad/frustrating thing and so had NOTHING to say for days. But last night, Lily gave me something worth blogging, so I am at the computer this fine morning to share it all with you.

I’m assuming you have all noticed the gorgeous full moon the night sky’s been sporting as of late. Here it has cut through the chill and shone so brightly that the sky looked blue when I went to bed at 10pm last night. It’s so beautiful it turned my toddler into a certifiable lunatic. The poor child had an excess of energy pre-bedtime and we didn’t have the heart to cart her off to bed with all that crazy running through her veins; especially since she has picked up the lovely habit of throwing tantrums anytime you suggest she might need a nap or that bedtime is imminent.

But she was tired. How does an (almost) three year old cope with the dangerous mix of pent up energy and fatigue? She ran to the French doors in the dining room, gazed up at the full moon and shrieked, hands up around her head and a little hop thrown in for effect. Then she turned tail and ran across the living room to Mark, throwing herself into his arms for a snuggly hug. Back to the window to shriek and over to Dad for a hug. Shriek. Hug. Shriek. Hug. Shriek. Hug. Et cetera, et cetera. We couldn’t stop laughing, which only fueled her crazy fire. Really an excellent way to settle in for the night; try it, you’ll see.

In other news, I am this close to finishing my first knitting project and I’m already chomping at the bit to start the second. I’ll have pictures when it’s done… I’m afraid I’ll somehow curse it if I show it to you now. In fact, I may have already said too much. Hey, you can’t be too careful when you’re a chronic domestic drop out.