Friday, March 31, 2006

ac·ci·dent

I had a margarita with dinner and since I so rarely drink it made my cheeks flush red and my whole body hot. I felt a little silly as we approached the car and when I fell off the curb, it was pretty clear I needed to not drive. Mark took the keys and we headed for home. Traffic slowed down approaching our exit and we started talking about what would have traffic in such a snit at 8pm at night.
Mark: Maybe there’s an accident?
Me: Could be.
Lily: Accidents are funny!
Me: No, accidents are BAD.
Lily: Bad?
Me: Yep!
Lily: What you say, Mommy?
Me: An accident is where two cars… or more. Wait, there could be only one car. Does there have to be a car? I mean, if a plane crashes, they call that an accident. Ummm…
Mark: Having a little trouble there, hon?
Me: [giggling] Hey, I can do this!
Lily: Huh?
Me: Think damage and injury! YEAH! That’s an accident!

Lily: Mommy funny, Daddy.
Mark: Yeah. She’s a scream.