Sunday, July 03, 2005

Turning two is hard work, but damn if it isn’t fun


Lily had her birthday party yesterday and I am happy to report that nobody was seriously injured, maimed or killed. There was a surprising lack of tantrums by children OR adults; nobody fought over presents OR cake; and handing a bunch of small children a bat and pointing them at a piñata was not as dangerous as one might have assumed. Overall, a rousing success in my book! YAY!

Anya slept most of the party which may have disappointed some but worked out brilliantly for me. Except that I felt compelled to check on her every five minutes as she was sleeping in a strange crib, in a closed room and I couldn’t hear her at all. And I’m paranoid. And somewhat afraid of putting an infant in a crib… they do, after all, call it crib death for a reason. She woke up to nurse and greet her adoring fans and then promptly fell asleep again (in a fans arms, even) so she was super easy. YAY!

Lily was a bit tired by the time the party rolled around as she had taken a short nap that afternoon, but no meltdowns. There’s my little trouper! We were blessed by the neighbor kid Hailey who came on over to follow Lily all over the place and keep her from licking the barbeque. Goddess bless Hailey! YAY!

Mark and I are dead. Tired that is. Even the next day. Yay?

BUT, I have dutifully uploaded picture for your viewing pleasure. Don’t say I never did anything for ya.

Click the photo below for a lovely slideshow. And don’t forget to yell “YAY!”

Lily's flower cake