Thursday, July 21, 2005

I did not eat cake


Yesterday I made some crack about making a cake. That was funny. I stood there and looked at the cake pan, then looked at the loose bits of me that used to house a baby, then looked at the cake pan, then looked at the pants that didn’t fit and remembered I had very few things that actually “fit”, and one more look at the cake pan… and well, no cake. It’s OK, I wasn’t in love with the idea of a cake really, I just needed to do something that seemed productive.

Today it is so hot, the walls are melting. Or maybe that’s just a byproduct of my brain melting. It is, right now, at this very moment 89 degrees in my living room. All windows and doors are open, the fan is on and we actually do have a bit of breeze… STILL 89. TOO HOT! And no, we don’t have A/C. Lily refused to take her nap (it’s usually hotter in her room than in the main house) and Anya is sleeping buck naked. Yes I took a photo. Yes you can see it as soon as I can find the cables, assuming of course that the cables haven’t melted. My computer won’t actually work in this heat, so I’m using Mark’s. Here it is already!


Too hot for clothes


This is a dreadfully boring post. I shall end it now, which is probably a good thing because I just noticed that the keyboard is melting.