Monday, July 25, 2005

Freaking out... just a little


Remember how I said I was lazy? We’ve been married for five years and I have yet to put together a wedding album. We have the negatives, so it’s no big deal, I just haven’t gotten around to it. Yeah.

So today I decide I’m going to get the negatives, bring them over to Costco and have them scan them all to disk so I can at least make an online wedding album. Simple enough plan, yo. Except for one small detail: I CANNOT FIND THE NEGATIVES.

No… I’m not panicking at all! What ever gave you that idea? Could it be the paper bag firmly affixed to my face as I attempt not to pass out via hyperventilation? Could it be the pacing while I mutter to myself and flick my hands around like an idiot savant?

I’m fairly certain I’ve seen them since our move. I even have a vague recollection of putting them somewhere safe (something, btw, my mom did with her wedding ring when my parents split… she’s not seen it since). But I’ve checked all the likely places and let me tell you, NO NEGATIVES. Holy crap.

If anyone has any magic incantations, chants, spells, etc to locate lost items, I’m all ears. I did come across the prints, so not ALL hope is lost… just the hope to have good quality enlargements.

Meh.