Friday, October 10, 2003

Vikki comes home tonight for the weekend. Tomorrow, Lily and I get to go see her and the rest of the girls for lunch. Lily has grown so much in the last month, I wonder how drastic the change will be to Kiki. We miss our Kiki girl, but are so proud of her for taking this opportunity to get some distance and figure stuff out. Such a beautiful woman.

On Wednesday our real estate agent came by to show us a few more properties. Lily, who up until this point has giggled a little, found Bob so funny that she spent a good ten minutes laughing at him enthusiastically. Long enough for Mark to go and grab the video camera to get some of it on tape. My cheeks were hurting from all the smiling at her as she rocked back and forth on my lap, reaching out and giggling so sweetly! Just made me realize that things are going to get more and more fun with her, while simultaneously becoming more and more difficult! I am so looking forward to her becoming a little girl with expressed thoughts, ideas, brilliant awakenings to the world around her. How can so much promise be contained in such a little being? Sometimes it physically hurts to even think of what we would do without her. Even while I'm thinking longingly of those days when I slept in and jumped into the car to go off somewhere on a moments notice, I still cannot imagine my life without her.

This morning Mark got up to go to Dr. Joe's and I asked him to bring Lily so I could get a little extra sleep. She had been fussing and nursing since 5am and I hadn't gotten to sleep last night until about midnight. So, off they went together and I settled back into sleep. Dreams, dreams, dreams are so wonderful, even when they are odd and confusing. When they returned, Mark laid Lily down next to me and we slept for another hour together. It is really nice having Mark home in the morning! He's been doing so corporate work, so his hours suck (home late), but at least I get him in the morning so I can sleep and shower in peace!

And now it is about time for Lily to wake from her nap, so I will finish this before she starts hollering for her mum.