Sunday, October 26, 2003

San Diego is burning. Friends Jeff and Rebecca, who live in Scripps Ranch with their four children, have had to evacuate their home. Rebecca is out of town, so it's up to Jeff to move the kids out. I'm hoping that they are somewhere safe. My father and his wife just fled Tierrasanta and his business is being threatened. Mark Seaman is taking the kids to Grandma's and is worried about their Clairemont home.

The air is thick, smoky. I haven't been able to walk Maya. They're asking that people stay off the roads and keep electricity use to a minimum. This fire has already consumed over 80,000 acres. It's frightening. I don't think it'll come here, but friends and family are in our hearts.

Talked to Kiki in Chicago and she is frustrated because she can't get info. She, along with Mark, are now on my call list. Wild...