Tuesday, October 07, 2003

So, we made an offer on the home mentioned in October third's later post. It was countered with an insane price increase, but without the promise to take care of all the repairs it needs. No go. We get to keep looking. But, as Laurie reminded me over the weekend, it just means there is a better home waiting for us. It also gives us a chance to get our townhome ready for sale and on the market. And that's just fine with us. I really did like the house and got excited about making an offer, but hey, we can allow the universe to find us a kick-ass home if it wants to! And I was feeling stress about selling the townhome in such a tight a turn-around.

When Mark called to tell me that we weren't going to be getting the home, I looked over at Lily at told her "we're not going to live there" and she replied with a full body wiggle and smile. So, I guess she's cool with it.