Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What do today?

Lily: What do today, Mommy?
Me: What did you do today, Lily?
Lily: Kiki and Jeff have lunch.
Me: Yep, and did we go to the library for story time?
Lily: Yeah! Kids. Stories.
Me: And we saw Athena and Olivette and Porter and played with the books.
Lily: Yeah, Porter. [pause] Man came to house. Lily cried.
Me: The man from the gas company came and turned on the heat for us. Tomorrow we can have hot showers and won’t have to be cold!
Lily: Lily not scared.
Me: You did cry a little, huh. You were tired and wanted mommy to come back from talking to the man and showing him the water heater.
Lily: Yeah [fake cries], I cry like that.
Me: Yep. And did Mommy yell too much today?
Lily: Yeah. Mommy tired. Go sleep, Mommy?
Me: I have some work to do, but yeah, I need more sleep. I’m sorry I yelled today.
Lily: Lily yell too.
Me: Yeah, you did get a little upset too. Maybe we all need more sleep.
Lily: Anya [which she pronounces On-nah] sick. Mommy hold Anya and hold Lily and Mommy say, “It OK. I know, baby.”
Me: It was a hard day for all of us. I’m missing Daddy.
Lily: Miss Daddy. He work. Home soon.
Me: In a couple of days. I love you.
Lily: I lub you.
Me: Hug and kiss? [I get both] Tomorrow we’ll have a better day and you’ll get to go see Grandma and Grandpa for a while.
Lily: YEAH! Mama and Papa! [giggles]
Me: Goodnight, my lub.
Lily: Sleep, Mommy.
Me: An excellent idea.