Monday, January 30, 2006

Kiss and Smack

Kiss: take out the trash
Smack: don’t reline the can with a new bag
Kiss: take down the holiday lights
Smack: except for one strand, left hanging down the wall… going on a week
Kiss: clean up the kitchen
Smack: leave at least one dirty dish sitting in the middle of the counter top
Kiss: put Lily to bed
Smack: forget to brush her teeth
Kiss: install a new shower head
Smack: fail to attach the ring plate… for two years
Kiss: change the baby into a night time diaper
Smack: but forget to put a cover over the cloth diaper
Kiss: Play with Lily and Anya on the deck
Smack: forget to put the gate up at the top of the stairs and allow Anya to crawl dangerously close
Kiss: tell me you love that I’m not into shopping and spending
Smack: make fun of my hand-me-down nursing nightgown
Kiss: tell me you love me
Kiss: tell me you would be lost without me
Kiss: tell me I’m an amazing mom
Kiss: catch your breath and kiss kiss kiss me...