Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Superhero name

Mark has dubbed me “The Sampler.” Marty brought us a box of chocolates and my husband discovered that I had sampled a bunch of them, returning those to the box with nuts or bit that just didn’t belong. Luckily, Mark will eat anything covered with chocolate… hell, it could be cardboard, as long as there's a smear of chocolate covering it, he’s down. So he really doesn’t care that I’ve bitten and then BLAH!-ed the chocolates back into the box. And yes, this is probably a big part of the reason he never brings me chocolates; he just knows better.

Get this: turns out Mark already had a superhero name, I just didn’t know about it. The guys in the theatre scene shop he used to work with call him “The Eyeball.” Seriously. Wanna know why? ‘Cause he can look at anything and eyeball length, level, distance… that kind of thing. I look at the distance from here to there and go, “I donno: five feet? Fifty feet? Here to the moon? Gah, go away!” We seem to be a good match. I’m willing to sample things and he can tell me how far it is from here to the hospital.

Now we just have to figure out what the girls special talents are. So far I’m going with “The Whiner” for Lily and “The Wiggler” for Anya. I’m betting they’ll evolve. GAH! I HOPE they evolve.

What's your superhero name?