Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Interview


Mom to the Screaming Masses interviewed me, per my request on her blog. She asked me these questions. My answers are below. If you want to be interviewed, let me know in the comments, and I'll give you some questions. Rules follow my q&a.

1) Where did you come up with your child's name?
Lily’s “real” name is actually made up of my middle name and her middle name is after my mom and MIL’s name. We know a whole lot of people with her first name though, some who go by their full name and some who go with some sort of abbreviation. We settled on Lily because it’s an unusual abbreviation and we felt it was pretty.

2) What were your educational plans? Did you fulfill them?
I went into college a psychology major but it just didn’t take. After about 5.5 years, I got a BA in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. I minored in Women’s Studies. I never had a clue what I would do with this degree… I had fantasies for a while of becoming some brilliant writer, but school educated me right out of my creativity. I thought of becoming a teacher but didn’t feel I had the patience. I’ve worked in theatre since I was legally able to vote and that has turned out to be my path. Works for me so far.

3) What did you want to be when you grew up? How close are you now to that dream?
I always wanted to be a mom when I grew up. That was it, folks; the extent of the “dream.” And I am one, so I guess you can say that I fulfilled one big dream in my life.

4) If you could, would you ever swim at a nude beach?
Oh yes. And, ummm… who says you can’t?

5) What is your favorite thing to drink? Alcoholic and non, please. ;)
I change my mind too often to feel any sort of conviction with a favorite. BUT, if you had to pin me down right now for this one, I would say my favorite alcoholic drink would be a medori sour and my favorite non-alcoholic would be a 50/50 of lemonade and sprite. I’m also a big fan of Horchata. And water is nice.

The Official Interview Game Rules

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.

3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.