Saturday, December 27, 2003

what sleep deprivation will do to you...
or
running with scissors...

So, I'm tired... Lily's been sick, as have Mark and myself... sleep has been challenging, to say the least. Also feeling a little cabin fever... even when I do get out, I'm limited by what I can do because there is this little binken attached to me. Today, at Costco, we were looking for a new beard trimmer for my husband when we came across a little haircut kit. Had a shaver in it and was a great price, so we bought it.

I have long curly hair. It's my biggest asset (as far as purely physical stuff goes) and Mark LOVES it. Today, I pulled out the neat little scissors from the kit and well, cut it. I don't have a clue why I did it or what the plan was. It's got these strange layers in it... thank goddess for the curl as it kinda covers up the job I did. I didn't go too insane... it's not super short or anything, but it's noticeable to those who know me. Maybe I did it so I'd HAVE to go have it professionally done. Maybe I'm going slowly insane. Maybe I just really need a nap.

Part of me thinks that when a change is needed, it happens. Even if it happens in such a way that you are suddenly looking at a pile of hair on the bathroom floor. I don't actually regret this... find it humorous, more than anything else. Mark just smiled and told me to cut it all if I want too... he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what. Maybe that's what I needed to hear. Maybe it's my guides saying "Hey, let's see if she's listening"... although it felt more like it happened before I really knew it. Ah well, it's just hair.