Sunday, March 07, 2004

We've been without internet for a couple of weeks during our move, so I'll try to give some highlights:

Lily cut her first tooth on February 21, the day before we moved out of our townhome and into my moms for a week. Fourteen people showed upon Sunday, the 22nd to help us move out... reminding us how very loved we are.

On Mark's 36th Birthday (the 28th), we moved into our new home... 15 people showed up to help us with that one.

We spent the week cleaning and unpacking like madmen getting ready to have our first party in the new home... a baby shower here for Matthew and Michelle. It was fun and we had a great turnout of mostly family.

Lily cut another tooth, starting sometime last week. She also developed an eye infection and we spent a couple of days calling her "ol' squinky eye" as she giggled around a swollen and goopy eye. We finally gave up on the breastmilk cure and called the doctor. Now she's getting eye drops four times a day and improving rapidly.

She bit me for the first time during the party on Saturday. I'd taken her downstairs for a nap and was giving her a quick nurse before I put her to bed. Just a little nip, to which I responded with a dramatic no, closed up shop and told her "no biting!" She was very unhappy with the instant removal of her favorite toy and so, I'm hoping she'll get the connection.

OH! Lily has slept eight hours in a row twice during the last week. We've moved her to the crib (still in our room) and she's sleeping better in it. Makes me a little sad as I really loved having her in with us, but hey, it's not about me. We still take her into our bed when she awakes around 5am and she nurses and cuddles until we get up and start our day.

She's NUTS for solid foods and asks for them now.

I think that's the most of it. We've decided to hold off a bit on the house warming party. Let the weather improve and get a little more settled so we can really show the place off. And on that note, I have work to do.