Saturday, November 15, 2003

Started back to work yesterday and Lily stayed with my mom. We're easing back into it. Just doing Fridays in November, adding Wednesdays in December and then dropping Mondays into the new year. It was really hard at first... I arrived late as it took a little longer than expected to leave my girl. Wanted to burst into tears as soon as I got there, but once I started working, I felt better. So much to do with this position, I am eager to get things going, yet a little overwhelmed at all that needs to happen.

I was away from her for about six hours and I returned to my moms to find Lily wrapped in a soft blanket and snuggled sleepily against my mom. Mom says she didn't get anything done all day... just Lily. Even when the baby slept, she said she sat next to her and read. It is so hard to get anything done with that sweet little face looking up at you. I only get the luxury of typing this while she's sleeping in her cradle.

Allyn comes for another visit this weekend. Her sister is due at anytime and so they are having a baby shower for her tomorrow. She is always so pleased to see the little girl she helped usher into the world... and I think Lily "knows" her to.

I am so tired this morning. Mark is driving back from a gig in Palm Springs this morning and last night didn't go so well. Lily was just wiggly and demanding and actually needed a diaper change in the middle of the night. He'll be home in 20 minutes or so and then maybe I can have a shower and a nap. He has stuff he needs to do, but he's going to have an emotion, evil wife if I don't get a little time to myself.

Ah, yes... on that note, the baby stirs. I must attend to my beautiful, needy little babe.