Sunday, November 23, 2003

Not much new here in our lives. I've started working part time (only one day a week at this time) and Lily is learning that Grandma's house is a fun place. My mom is learning that you can't get a thing done with Miss Lily about! Last Friday she took Lil to a concert at Church where they listened to a friend sing show tones. Lily did very well and even sang along a few times. She was adored by my moms friends, a lot of which don't yet have grands of their own. This child will have no shortage of love in her life and that's just the way I like it.

Mark has started doing a WONDERFUL thing for me. When he gets up in the morning he takes Lily with him. She plays with toys downstairs and "chats" with Dad until it's time for him to go to work. Then he pops her back into bed with me, where I can usually nurse her back to sleep for an hour or so. This is greatly making up for the lost sleep at night and making life so much sweeter for me. I was getting to be a real grumpy gus for a while and was not so kind to those around me. She's sleeping really well, for the most part. Some nights, she needs to be cuddled close and will stir a lot. Those nights I don't get such great sleep as I am so aware of her little body pressed to mine and it's wiggling!

This morning when Mark dropped her back into bed with me she wanted to nurse, but was fascinated by my wild hair (which likes to puff out in all directions in the morning). She would reach and reach and if she managed to get a tuft would very curiously... YANK on it. Not so much fun. I'd be happy to let her feel my hair if only she didn't want to feel it so hard. So I smooth it away from her and this pisses her off to no end.

Now that it's getting colder, I have the joy of little cold hands (and sometimes feet) on my skin when she nurses. Oh that's cold...

Anyway, life is good and only getting better every day. TTFN.