Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Lily is much better this morning. She is still sleeping with the quilt our friends made for her resting across her body. The fever is down and she wasn't so restless last night. Yesterday at Dr. Joe's, Mark was holding her while I got my adjustment and she just cried and cried and cried. I had never heard her cry like that before and it scared me. Once I was done, I took her from Mark and she settled down. Usually, she's all about Mark in the evenings, but last night she only wanted her momma. Mark made dinner and cleaned up while I just held and held and held her. I wrapped her in her quilt last night and felt comforted by the thought of her body warmed by all those wishes and love that was drawn and then stitched into the blanket. Almost like the quilt has super powers! It can heal her, body, mind and spirit. We have the most amazing friends.