Tuesday, July 29, 2003

You must be growing again. You’ve spent all day wanting to nurse and cuddle. I put you in the cradle and you sleep for maybe half an hour and then you’re fussing and unhappy. You’ll only sleep happily (and you even giggle) on my chest. So, we haven’t been out of the house today except for the short walk we took the dog on. Having the dog home this week has kinda sucked. Daddy is working at the Lyceum this week, loading out 1776 and loading in Cotton Patch Gospel. Maya’s been depressed and walking with you strapped to me has been a little stressful. Maya is still not so great at restraining herself when she sees a cat or something gets her excited. So, I dread walking her and lead her on short walks, which just makes her unhappy and restless.

Your head is so soft. I just want to pet you all the time. And you have the longest eyelashes I have ever seen. I don’t know if you can ever know how much I love you. When you have a child of your own – and I dearly hope that you will some day – then maybe you’ll understand how deeply you can love. I can’t wait to get to know you. To really learn about you as a toddler, child, teen, adult. Lily, you are full of promise and wonder and joy. My life is complete with you in it. I feel like it all makes sense, even when nothing else does. Thank you for choosing us. LOVE!