Friday, July 25, 2003

You made me cry again last night. You wouldn’t stop screaming and after almost three hours of being up with you, walking with you, rocking you, bouncing you… whatever, I finally burst into tears and took you to your daddy. He woke up, said “Oh Honey, give me the baby” and held you until you finally went to sleep and stayed asleep. Took him a while too. Gave me the opportunity to pee, calm down and become a rational human being again.

You have been sleeping most of today. We went to playgroup today at Mission Heights Park. When we arrived, there was a dog sleeping under the playground main structure, just a puppy really. I went to say hello, and while it was a friendly puppy, he was a little wary of letting me catch him. He had a collar, but no tags and before long a police officer showed up and we tried to catch the puppy together. No luck. So, I went back to sit with Teresa and Robert while the police officer played with Dario (16 months and LOVED the big guy in the uniform). Before too long, the puppy came to say hello to you and little Robert and then rolled over to have his belly scratched. I was able to get ahold of his collar (he started to bite me and then thought better of it) and I held onto his scruff until the officer could come put a lead on him. Animal control came and got him. According to a neighbor, the puppy had jumped his fence (yet again) and the owners were walking the neighborhood looking for him. The animal control officer thought it best to take him in, as they wanted to impress upon the owners the importance of properly caring for their pet. You and I got sticker police badges for our help in the “arrest”. Of course, you slept through the whole thing…