Saturday, February 04, 2006

Random Saturday

Me: What are you doing? Did you turn up the heat?
Mark: Yeah, it’s cold in here.
Me: So in the house, you’re too hot and want all the doors open but in the car, it’s too cold?
Mark: Yeah.
Me: You are such a girl.

No bunnies in my hair conditioner
Giving thanks that there are no bunnies in my hair conditioner. You really do have to check labels, I guess. Of course, it mentions nothing about rocket ships, or buffalo wings.


"This is Saturn. See the beautiful rings? They are so spicy and delicious. I love buffalo rings."



We went hiking today in an area that recently suffered fires. Sometimes I forget that we live in a desert, but the landscape today was a welcome reminder. We saw a pair of coyote sisters hunting on one of the ridgelines and watched transfixed as they leapt about and caught some dinner (at least I hope they caught some!). We were surprised by dozens of caterpillars as they raced across trails and roads, heading who knows where. I had no idea they could move so fast! Lily was simultaneously frightened and fascinated by a bridge. It was a nice hike. Click on the photo to see a couple shots from our local desert.

Hiking