Friday, December 17, 2004



Lily has a new word. Yesterday morning she asked me to pick her up and then threw her arms around my neck and said "bay-be, bay-be, baby!" She then toddled over to the dog and did the same thing, so I guess it's not a new special name for me. Today at my moms she found a picture of a baby in the paper and pointed it out for my mom, saying "baby!" all over again. My mom was thrilled.

On that note, my mom is messing with my kid in a twisted attempt to get back at her mom. Hey, she admitted it! You see, Lily is very particular. She likes things to be a certain way, to be done a certain way and things BELONG where they belong. Very much like my Grandmother. When Lil arrives at my moms, she usually heads straight for the go-to-hell-room where her highchair is stored. It gets dragged out to the kitchen and she gets a snack. Today, my mom picked up the highchair and brought it all the way to the living room where we were sitting. She then stuck Lily in it and grinned at her, exclaiming "that's right, you're in the living room!" This was no good. No good at all. I mean, the chair clearly belongs in the kitchen. That's where it goes! She turned to her grandpa to save her and he did... as my mom laughed and admitted she was getting back at her own mom for being so particular.

Nice to know that becoming a grandmother has given her the opportunity to work through her own issues with her mom!

No comments: