Friday, August 27, 2004


With two weeks of back-to-work for me and no nursing during the day for Lily, things are making a change. The biggest (ha ha), most noticeable change is the obvious decrease in the size of the num-nums. I no longer can fill out the nursing bras and am back into my pre-pregnancy ones. Not as convenient to nurse in, but I have a feeling that's not going to be an issue much longer. Yep, she's starting to wean. Makes me kinda sad and kinda happy. Monkey nursing makes me annoyed and tender and it'll be nice to not have her pawing at me and checking out the num-nums all the time. And the nursing sessions from 5am to 7am just suck (ha again!) and keep me tired. But, when she's earnestly nursing - thus, settled down and calm - I just love the closeness and connection. It's a great way to check in with each other and just have some quiet time together.

Mark brought her by the Globe in the middle of the day last week and she didn't even ask to nurse! SO, I guess she's adjusting well. I really wanted to nurse until she was at least two and she may stick with it until then. But her dependence on me is over. Daddy can totally fulfill her needs now and that makes my life easier... just a little sad. Silly mommy.

Anyway, there is a TON more I should write but I'm tired. Say good night!

No comments: